Why choose YFU
YFU Student Exchange has:
- 60 years experience in providing more than 250,000 students with the wonderful experience of living and learning in other cultures in one of 60 countries worldwide
- A global network of YFU Student Exchange organisations working to internationally agreed-upon quality program standards which are monitored annually
- A network of highly experienced and trained staff and volunteers to advise and support students and families in every country
YFU Student Exchange can provide you with:
- A guarantee of country of choice
- Programs from 2 to 12 months duration
- A host family carefully screened according to our worldwide standards
- A strong network of trained support people to help you with any difficulty you may experience while on exchange
- A unique experience to immerse yourself in the language and culture of your chosen destination with an educational focus rather than travel or tourist experience
- Special interest high school programs in other areas such as Art, Music or Fashion
All our staff have lived or worked overseas, been host families to exchange students or participated in exchange programs and speak a number of languages. They will understand the challenges students, parents and host families face during exchange programs and can provide expert advice and help with any questions or issues you or your parents may have.
Our Community Coordinators
YFU Student Exchange has a network of volunteer community coordinators across Australia and in our partner countries who organise outbound students and host family interviews, attend orientations and information sessions and support students, host families and natural families. Many of our Community Coordinators have been involved with exchange programs as a participant, a host family or as a natural parent of an exchange student. They have regular training in supporting and advising families and students. Such experience and training means YFU Student Exchange provides excellent support for natural parents, exchange students, host families and to teachers and schools.